- The software at mlos.io and braintoy.ai is owned and operated by Braintoy Inc. (“Braintoy”, “we”, “our”, or “us”). We respect the privacy of our customers. The purpose of this document is to describe our privacy and security practices related to this web application and our online services (collectively the “Website”). We also describe the options that you have regarding our collection, use and disclosure of information about you. This Notice of Privacy Practices (this “Notice”) applies only to information collected by Braintoy and any Braintoy affiliate that posts this Notice on its website (“Affiliates”).
1. Information we collect: The information we collect falls into two categories: Personal Information and Usage Data.
Personal Information is information that we directly associate with an identifiable person or entity and may include, for example, name, address, telephone numbers, email addresses, social media handle, demographic information (such as date of birth, age and gender), payment information (including credit card numbers or online payment services numbers), financial information (such as bank account numbers), purchase history and location information (often from the device on which you use our site or mobile applications). We may obtain Personal Information about you from various sources, such as this and other websites and mobile applications, third parties and when you call or email us or interact with us via social media. You may also submit Personal Information to us in other ways, such as participating in online surveys, promotions, contests and sweepstakes, subscribing to newsletters and other offerings through the Website. In addition, we may combine information received from third parties with Personal Information and Usage Data we collect about you.
Usage Data is anonymous information regarding the use of Website or services that is collected and/or aggregated by or on behalf of Braintoy, often through the use of automated means. Usage Data collected through these automated means may include, for example, information that we gather and store about your visit to, and use of, the Website, such as your IP address and the location of your IP server, device IDs, device type, geo-location data, type of browser and operating system used, date and time you access the Website, pages you visit, and if you linked to this Website from another website, the address of that website. Usage Data does not generally include Personal Information and is not treated as Personal Information under this Notice. Cookies and web beacons are sometimes used to collect Usage Data. “Cookies” are small identifiers sent from a web server that are stored on your device’s hard drive for the purpose of identifying your browser during interaction on websites or storing information or settings in your browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. We can also use web beacons to tell if you have opened or acted upon emails that we send you.
2. How we may use the information we collect: We may use the Personal Information we collect for our everyday business purposes, such as establishing and managing your customer account, responding to your inquiries, providing products and services you request, processing and collecting payments and providing customer support; with your consent, to provide information about our business and offer our products or services to you and products and services of others that we think you may find of interest; to communicate about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes and other offers or promotions; to enable you to interact with Braintoy and our customers through our message boards, blogs and social media; to evaluate and improve our business, including developing new products and services and analyzing the effectiveness of products, services and, this Website, and any other websites we may have and soliciting your feedback through email communications, telephone calls, and/or focus groups; to tailor our offerings to your personal interests and the manner in which you interact with us; to perform data analyses, including market and consumer search, trend analysis, demographic analysis and financial analysis; and to comply with legal recommendations, applicable legal requirements and our policies and practices. We may also use Personal Information in other ways for which we provide notice at the time of collection to the extent required by law or this Notice. We may use Usage Data for any legally permissible purpose and without notice to you.
3. Third-party applications on Website: We may include applications from third parties on some pages of the Website that allow interaction or content sharing by users. Some of these mini-programs provide specific services or content from a third party, such as a Facebook “Share” or “Like” button, and are visible to you when you visit our Website. Your interaction with these programs typically allows the third party to collect some information about you through cookies they placed on your device when you registered for their application or service. In some cases, the third-party may recognize you through its cookies even when you do not interact with their application. Please visit the third-parties’ respective privacy policies to better understand their data collection practices and controls they make available to you.
4. Advertising Networks: We partner with advertising networks, which are companies that deliver targeted advertisements to consumers and generate statistics and metrics related to the delivery of such advertisements. They may utilize information collected through cookies, web server logs and web beacons to provide customization, auditing, research, and reporting for us and other advertisers. This data collection takes place both on this Website and on other third-party websites you visit that participate in the advertising networks. This process enhances the deployment of our marketing programs and helps us to track the effectiveness of such efforts. Advertising networks we use may also use this information for determining or predicting your characteristics and preferences and those of their respective advertising audiences, for measuring the effectiveness of their advertising, delivering relevant ads, and for other purposes. You can learn more about ad serving companies by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative. Please note that this does not mean that you will not receive advertising when on the Website or other sites, but it will exclude you from interest-based advertising via these networks.
5. Information we share: We do not share Personal Information with third parties, except as described below:
Affiliates. We may share your Personal Information with our Affiliates so long as the disclosure and use of your Personal Information by such entities are consistent with this Notice.
Service Providers. We may engage third parties to provide services to us who have access to your Personal Information. In such cases, we require such providers to maintain your Personal Information as confidential and to use the information only to perform the services specified by us. For more information about our policies and practices related to the use of foreign service providers, please contact our Privacy Officer as described below.
Surveys and Promotions. In the event that you participate in a survey, sweepstakes, contest or other promotion on the Website that is sponsored by Braintoy and a third party, such participation serves as your consent for Braintoy to share your Personal Information collected in conjunction with the survey, sweepstakes, contest or promotion with the third party. After the information is provided to such third parties, the subsequent use or disclosure of such information is subject to those third parties’ privacy policies and practices.
Other. We may access or disclose information, including Personal Information, to: (i) protect or defend the legal rights or interests of Braintoy and our Affiliates; (ii) protect the safety and security of our customers or members of the public; (iii) protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or (iv) comply with legal advice, applicable law or legal process. In addition, if we sell all or substantially all of our business or sell or transfer all or a material part of our assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of our business, we may transfer all or a portion of your Personal Information as part of that transaction.
We may share Usage Data (which, of course, does not include Personal Information) with third parties, including our Affiliates, advertising networks, analytics providers and others, for any legally permissible purpose and without notice to you. Please note that our affiliates and service providers may be located outside of Canada.
6. Your Choices: In order to access our products and services, you must register on the Website and provide us with Personal Information. Once you have done that, you have opted in to receive communications from us, including promotional emails, as described in this Notice. If you would like to alter the frequency and type of promotional emails you receive from us, you may update your user profile. If you no longer wish to receive promotional communication emails from us, you may do so by changing your preferences. Please note that this may affect your ability to access products and services, and we may continue to send non-promotional emails such as order confirmations, surveys, and other information about your transactions. When you visit the Website, we and others give you the following choices about the use of mechanisms for tracking, including tracking of your online activities over time and across different websites and online services by third parties. Many web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser’s setting to decline cookies if you prefer. You may also render some web beacons unusable by rejecting their associated cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, certain features of the Website, the Website itself, or the service that placed the cookie may not function properly or at all as a result. If you do not wish for us to track emails we send you, some email services allow you to adjust your display to turn off HTML or disable download of images which should effectively disable our email tracking, or you may unsubscribe from our marketing emails as described above. You may opt-out of tracking of Usage Data by Google Analytics.
You may choose not to share your geo-location information with us by adjusting the device’s location services settings or the settings on our mobile applications. While we and others give you the choices described in this Notice, there are many ways Web browser signals and other similar mechanisms can indicate your choice to disable tracking, and we may not be aware of or honour every mechanism. If you refer others to us, please note that they may choose not to receive any promotional emails from us in the future by following the instructions in the email invitation.
7. How to unsubscribe: If at any time you wish to stop receiving email from us, we include an unsubscribe mechanism in all of our emails and you can always change your email preferences through your Braintoy Account. Please keep in mind that, if you choose not to receive marketing communications, you will continue to receive transactional or account communications related to services or products that you have requested on the Site (e.g. confirmation emails, billing reminders).
9. Privacy of Children Online: We are committed to protecting children’s online privacy. Our website is a general audience website not geared towards children. In order to protect the privacy of children, Braintoy does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without prior parental consent. Please contact us via the “How to Contact Us” section of this policy if you believe we may have collected information from your child and we will work to delete it.
10. Transfer of Your Information: We may use, store or share Personal Information we collect in the course of our operations in Canada outside of Canada. For example, your Personal Information may be stored and processed on servers in the United States.
11. Data Security: We use commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security measures designed to help safeguard Personal Information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. Of course, despite these measures, we cannot guarantee perfect security of networks, systems, servers and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
12. Updates to this Notice: We may update this Notice to provide clarification or notice of changes to our practices. If we make changes, we will revise the date at the top of this Notice. If we use Personal Information in a manner that is materially different than described in this version of this Notice, we will obtain your consent as required by applicable law or this Notice.
13. How to Contact Us: Please contact our Privacy Officer by email at email@example.com.